Each day, take at least a half an hour for quiet time in the morning. Dr. Bob and his wife Anne’s did this every day, and instituted this as a requirement for serenity. (Dr. Bob and the Good Old-Timers). It is one of those things that is mandatory for serenity in my life.
In your morning quiet time:
- Read your Bible.
- Your meditation books.
- Jot down your thoughts on the readings.
- Spend time in Prayer
- Read page 86 of the book Alcoholics Anonymous
- Ask God to direct your thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest, or self-seeking motives. (Prayer)
- Read out loud the 3rd step prayer.
- Read out loud the 7th step prayer.
- Read out loud the St Francis Prayer (Page 99 12×12)
- I also use standard Catholic prayers such as the Rosary and the Liturgy of the Hours
Lists: Write down the following every day. Ten items minimum per list.
- Gratitude List: things you are grateful for.
- Things about you that are positive.
- Things you can do to help others. (Add some of these to your todo list, starting with your own household, and then in Recovery and your community.)
Huggage, you can do this. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org